This ad is expired.
Reporting to the Director of the Counseling Center,the primary purpose of this position is to have a positive impact on the mental health, wellbeing, and academic success of all students by providing high quality mental health services within the Gustavus community. This position requires strong, generalist clinical skills to assess and intervene with a wide range of presenting student concerns within a time-limited, comprehensive-care treatment model. The therapist provides initial triage and brief screening assessments, group and individual counseling, crisis intervention, assessments regarding danger to self or others, referrals, outreach, psychoeducational workshops, and consultation. The Counseling Center is part of the Student Life Division and participates in outreach, collaboration, and committee events with the division regularly.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 10-month position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet individually with students, on a short-term basis (stepped care/comprehensive care model), regarding their therapeutic concerns.
- Conduct therapy/psycho-educational groups/support groups based on student need.
- Consult with faculty, staff and off-campus providers regarding student concerns.
- Assist with student orientations, classroom presentations, and training as appropriate.
- Collaborate with various departments including but not limited to: The Center for Inclusive Excellence, Health Service, Academic Advising, Accessibility Resources, Center for International and Cultural Education, and GustieWell (Peer Education/Chemical Health).
- Refer students to off-campus support services and follow up as needed.
- Respond to crisis situations and collaborate appropriately around student needs/concerns.
- Attend occasional outside of office/after hours Student Life events in support of wellness endeavors or student support/safety.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Master's or Doctoral degree in a counseling related field.
- Preference for candidates to be licensed in Minnesota within one year.
- Demonstrated attentiveness to intersectionality and multicultural competency.
- Experience providing culturally-proficient clinical services to diverse and underrepresented populations.
- Clinical experience in psychology/mental health counseling and crisis intervention.
- Background and interest in the provision of community/campus-based outreach services.
- A self-motivated, self-directed commitment to high professional ideals
- A collaborative spirit of warmth, acceptance, respect and trust towards colleagues.
- The energy to flexibly manage the professional demands of the role while maintaining positive and healthy perspectives and relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process our website, https://gustavus.edu/humanresources/employment to complete the online application. For full consideration, applications must be received by May 6, 2022. While applications may be accepted after this date, it is not guaranteed that they will be considered.Incomplete applications will not be considered by the search committee. The position start date is August 15, 2022.The documents that must be uploaded include the following:
- Letter of application that addresses the position qualifications;
- Curriculum vitae;
- The names and contact information for three professional references (at least one must be able to address therapy experience and effectiveness).
Gustavus Adolphus College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its education or employment programs or activities. Click on the following link to learn more about Gustavus\'s campus-wide commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Given the rapidly changing demographics of the Gustavus Adolphus College student body and the recognized needs of our students, preference will be given to applicants who identify as racially underrepresented at Gustavus Adolphus College.
Gustavus Adolphus College is one of the nation's leading private liberal arts colleges serving over 2,400 students. The College aspires to be a community of persons from diverse backgrounds who respect and affirm the dignity of all people. Known for its strong science, writing, music, athletics, study-away, and service-learning programs, Gustavus is located on a scenic 340-acre hill in St. Peter, Minnesota only one hour southwest of the Twin Cities.
Hannah Godbout | HGodbout@Gustavus.edu | 507-933-7027
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency