This ad is expired.
The UNH Diversity Resource Guide with information and programming available in the seacoast area, New Hampshire and the region can be found here: https://www.unh.edu/hr/diversity-resource-guide
Summary of Position
Provide individual and group psychotherapy in person or via telehealth, crisis and emergency on-call, case management, campus outreach, consultation and supervision/training/support of doctoral interns and postdoctoral fellows.
- Provide psychotherapy to students individually, as couples and/or in groups in person and via telehealth. Provide intakes, walk-in and emergency appointments. Diagnose students using current nationally and internationally recognized diagnostic systems, utilizing appropriate empirically validated psychological instruments and/or techniques. As a function of diagnosis, develop and implement treatment plans based upon current best practices in the field of mental health. Screen clients for mental health disorders and refer for psychiatric evaluation, specialized treatment, and/or long-term therapy as appropriate. Maintain files to document counseling contacts. Provide clinical services in accordance with New Hampshire law and adhere to the Ethical Principles of APA and NASW. Are knowledgeable about and provide services consistent with current professional and ethical standards and local, state and federal laws governing the practice of mental health care.
- Provide outreach programming services for the campus community. Conduct workshops and programs designed to address the needs and/or concerns of students, faculty and staff. Serve as consultant to faculty, staff and students on matters relating to the well-being of students, and to other programs.
- Serve as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team. Serve on committees both within the counseling center and in the greater university. Maintain awareness of best practices, ethics, mental health law in New Hampshire, emerging trends and new legislation.
- Provide crisis intervention for emergencies as needed and emergency on-call after hours including nights each semester.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Provide supervision, support and/or instruction to trainees.
Acceptable Minimum Level of Education: Terminal Degree.
Acceptable Minimum Years of Experience: 3 years.
Additional Job Information
Our staff includes 12 licensed psychotherapists, postdoctoral fellows, interns, and administrative staff. PACS is accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services, Inc. (IACS) and is a member of the Association of Psychology Internship Centers (APPIC). Our Doctoral Internship Program is fully accredited by the American Psychological Association. For more information a out PACS: www.unh.edu/pacs.
Other Minimum Qualifications
Licensed clinical social workers and clinical mental health counselors, including a supervised internship and three years of experience in the mental health field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Preference is for three years post licensure experience in the provision of mental health treatment.
To view description and apply, visit https://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/40195
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status, genetic information, and political orientation. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency