This ad is expired.
Lead Retention Specialist - Uvalde/Crystal City
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 5906
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 12:00 am CDT on 5/03/2021. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Up to $42,000/Annualized with beginning salary based on qualifications.
Hours per Week
40 hours per week.
Required Application Materials
Required: Resume and Cover Letter.
Purpose of Position
Function: 100% grant-funded position located in Uvalde or Crystal City, TX, ending 8/31/2021 with another project possibly beginning 9/1/2021 including additional employment opportunities; Supports the academic pursuits of assigned Talent Search participants with particular emphasis on outreach, academic intervention, support, and retention.
Scope: Implement academic support services at school sites and/or virtually by following up on existing initiatives and identifying new outreach opportunities; Work in a team environment with the Project Director and other staff to promote student academic success.
- Collaborate with middle school and high school staff and administration to recruit and provide ongoing support for project participants.
- Create participant records, process all forms, and maintain record keeping in compliance with project requirements.
- Review student records to identify participants' needs and follow up with participants to connect them with needed TRiO services.
- Establish and maintain relationships with assigned students through personal contact and correspondence (ie: calls, texts, emails, meetings).
- Coach students through academic barriers that may prevent progress toward high school graduation and/or postsecondary enrollment.
- Provide support services virtually and/or at middle and high school sites to ensure participants graduate from high school and enroll at a postsecondary institution immediately after graduation.
- Document and track student needs, goals, issues, participation in programming, and progress toward goal attainment.
- Prepare periodic reports on recruitment, record-keeping, student participation in programming, and service related issues.
- Assist team members to plan and deliver services for intensive summer programming.
- Plan and conduct workshops specifically designed to prepare students for success in college.
- Maintain accurate student records and contacts via student database system (Blumen).
- Assist to chaperone student trips (some overnight) to college campuses or for cultural activities (when COVID travel limitations are eased).
- Use Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook and Teams) and Zoom to consistently engage with team planning and communication.
- Assist Project Director with Annual Performance Report.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Counseling or related field.
- Three years of experience with TRIO programs or similar programs for underrepresented populations OR three years of experience teaching, advising, and/or counseling at the secondary or postsecondary level.
- A Master's degree may substitute for 1 . 5 years of related experience.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience in working with diverse student population and applying academic intervention strategies including intrusive monitoring, early outreach, and academic survival techniques.
- Providing case management to secondary school students.
- Developing and facilitating workshops.
- Operating personal computer and standard office equipment.
- Master's Degree in Education, Counseling, or related field.
This position will report to campus/or Uvalde or Crystal City.
UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Applicants who are selected for interviews must be able to show proof that they are eligible and qualified to work in the United States by the time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. The UTSA campus is accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=5906&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency