Assistant Director of Academic Achievement
Position Number: E00321
Salary for Announcement: The salary range for this position is $40,000 - $56,200 . The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. The above salary range represents the Universitys good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Employee Category: Professional staff
Department: CAMP - College Assistance Migrant Program
The College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) assists students who are migratory or seasonal farmworkers (or children of such workers) enrolled in their first year of undergraduate studies at Metropolitan State University of Denver.
This position will provide educational, personal, and financial services to student participants using one-on-one coaching, workshops, and events in an effort to increase first-year retention and second-year persistence. This is in accordance with the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Migrant Education.
This position will refer students to other on-and-off campus services to serve identified needs. The Assistant Director will work collaboratively with the CAMP Director to maintain necessary documents for signature, databases, and other communication necessities. In the absence of the Director of CAMP, the Assistant Director will oversee day-to-day operations of the program and supervise the student support staff (student employees).
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique, access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in downtown Denver. Our student population consists of nearly 50% first-generation students and over 45% students of color.
Within the Division of Student Affairs, we strive to create an equitable learning and working environment in concert with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion. We value the diverse identities and perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go beyond simple representation. Rather, it requires critical inquiry and dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a foundation for all community members to achieve personal and professional success.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
50% Student Advising & Academic Coaching
- Meet monthly with CAMP scholars within the academic year to set educational goals and determine their personal and financial needs
- Refer CAMP Scholars to appropriate resources, course selection, academic advisers, programs, resources, tutors, and/or counselors
- Assist CAMP Scholars with scholarship efforts to increase students scholarship dollars for the following academic year
- Create performance reports to identify students who are at risk of not meeting satisfactory academic progress
- Utilize Qualtrics, SSC Navigate, Degree Works, and Banner to track and maintain records of student performance data, program participation & engagement
- Assesses student learning as requested
- Support student persistence of CAMP completers
35% Student Staff Supervision
- Responsible for hiring, training, and supervision of program support staff including graduate interns and undergraduate students.
- Update job descriptions on annual basis
- Collaborate with CAMP Director, Student Employment Team within Human Resources and the Office of Financial Aid (work-study) on the onboarding of new student staff
- Support student staff in areas of training and development
- Support staff in planning & facilitating weekly scholar success groups curriculum
- Complete staff evaluations each Fall & Spring semester
- Seek and attend supervisor training & development opportunities
10% Collaboration & Partnerships
- Maintain direct communication with student support offices within Student Affairs as well as other student academic support resources such as the Center for Advanced STEM Education (CASE) and the Writing Center to ensure that student inquiries and university processes are strategically coordinated and addressed in a timely manner while supporting academic integrity and university policies
- Participate in committees aimed at supporting CAMP project objectives
- Plan and coordinate cultural, educational and leadership events & opportunities to CAMP scholars to promote student involvement
- Bring in partners from other areas within the university and outside community partners to promote resources to CAMP scholars at weekly scholar success groups and to educate CAMP staff during training and development opportunities.
5% Other Duties as Assigned
- Assume any other responsibility as may be assigned by the Director of CAMP
- Attend 1-2 conferences per year
- Bachelors degree
- Experience providing academic advising and financial aid guidance to student
- Experience with or desire to work with underrepresented students including but not limited to migrant and seasonal farm worker populations, low-income, communities of color, LGBTQIA+, first-generation, and other under-represented groups in higher education
Important Note: Successful applicants will ensure their resumes clearly demonstrate that their work experience describes how they meet all required qualifications.
- Experience supervising student employees
- Experience with maintaining records in a professional capacity
- Fluency in the English and Spanish languages (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Previous experience working with a similar program as a retention specialist, student coordinator, recruiter, etc.
- Proficiency with student success management systems and student information systems
Posting Date: 06/28/2022
Closing Instructions: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, http://www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
To apply, visit https://www.msudenverjobs.com/postings/21195
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency