Reporting to the Director of the International Center, the successful candidate for this position will demonstrate: solid knowledge and experience in advising international students across a broad range of concerns; excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; cross-cultural competence; and a collaborative approach to working with faculty, staff, and administrators from different units across the College to ensure the success of international students.
- Immigration Advising: serves as the Designated School Official (DSO) who supports international students with an F visa or other non-immigration visa categories; counsels new, continuing, and graduating international students on maintaining student status and related immigration concerns; performs data updates in SEVIS; acts as the primary resource for information regarding the interpretation and application of Department of Homeland Security regulations at Bunker Hill Community College.
- Promoting Student Engagement: counsels and advises international students to provide support for their academic and cultural adjustment on campus, and to promote their cross-cultural understanding; collaborates with faculty, staff, and administrators across different units in the College to provide programming and resources that will support international students' academic success; takes charge of planning and organizing the International Student Orientation, International Education Week, International Women's Day, and other activities that engage international students in particular and the larger college community in general; develops, promotes, implements, and evaluates the College's Study Abroad Program.
- Master's degree required in International Studies, Counseling Psychology, or Education, or a closely related field, with three (3) years of experience in international student admissions, academic advisement, career development, or program/project management; or an equivalent combination of three (3) years of education, training and experience
- Experience updating immigration documents using the SEVIS database
- Demonstrated familiarity with USCIS regulations for students with F visas and other non-immigrant visas
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and intercultural communication skills, particularly with international students who are English language learners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with native-level fluency in English
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and busy office environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- U.S. citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Experience working in a community college setting
- Experience working or studying in another country where the local language is not English
Salary Range: $54,956.00- $62,212.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full state Benefits.
Grade: 5 Unit-Professional position
Review Date: To ensure consideration all application materials must be received by April 25, 2022
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/AD5QLLINlkpJKT2KpHooXg
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency