Responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive mental health service system. Provides leadership, coordination, and supervision of a staff of 20 employees. Develops department budget and manages fiscal affairs. Directs planning, evaluation, assessment and marketing of counseling services. Interfaces with all Student Life Units, academic departments, other college offices, and student groups to assess program needs and develop appropriate responses. Assists in the development of policy affecting the health and wellness environment of the University, as well as serving as a member of the Behavioral Intervention Team. Provides individual and group psychotherapy for students to include emotional, developmental, and psychological. Participates in on-call rotations for emergency counseling services. Serves as professional consultant to faculty and staff members on matters related to the well being of students. Participates in inter-divisional programs to increase student access and retention. Performs related duties as assigned.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsible for development and implementation of comprehensive delivery of psychological services to 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
- Provide leadership, coordination, and supervision of a staff of 20 employees.
- Develop department budget and manage fiscal affairs.
- Direct planning, evaluation, assessment and marketing of counseling services.
- Interface with academic departments, other college offices, and student groups to assess program needs and develop appropriate responses.
- Assist in the development of policy affecting the health and wellness environment of the university, as well as serving as a member of the Behavioral Intervention Team.
- Provide individual and group counseling for students (includes emotional, developmental, and psychological).
- Participate in on-call rotations for emergency counseling services.
- Serve as professional consultant to faculty and staff members on matters related to the well-being of students.
- Participate in student life programs to increase student success and retention.
Acceptable Minimum Qualifications
Doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology. Seven years of administrative, clinical, consulting, and supervisory experience. Licensed as a psychologist in the State of NH.
Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
A background check will be required as a condition of employment.
The University of New Hampshire is an R1 Carnegie classification research institution providing comprehensive, high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs of distinction. UNH is located in Durham on a 188-acre campus, 60 miles north of Boston and 8 miles from the Atlantic coast, and is convenient to New Hampshire's lakes and mountains. There is a student enrollment of 13,000 students, with a full-time faculty of over 600, offering 90 undergraduate and more than 70 graduate programs. The University actively promotes a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives, life experiences, and cultural backgrounds pursue academic goals with mutual respect and shared inquiry.
The UNH Diversity Resource Guide with information and programming available in the seacoast area, New Hampshire and the region can be found here: https://www.unh.edu/hr/diversity-resource-guide
To view description and apply, visit https://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/40425
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status, genetic information, and political orientation. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency